If you have a small kitchen to design then the problem of designing a great kitchen boils down to just what you can fit and where.
There are many different cabinet designs and surface patterns that can help you provide your small kitchen design with a sense of space.
To create the small but efficient kitchen design, you need to work on three major areas of small kitchen design: storage, lighting, and appliances.
Small kitchens may seem to be a very difficult design challenge,
but they can also be functional, beautiful and efficient. Even with a small budget and building restrictions,
you can find that there are many options open to you to transform your kitchen into something more ideal for your needs.
A small kitchen design requires creativity in coming up with storage solutions. Some ideas to try include:
1. Putting an island in the center of the kitchen that can provide freestanding storage that is also convenient from any spot in the kitchen.
2. Using a galley kitchen design in which the cabinets and appliances line up on either side of a corridor can work out very well for a small kitchen space.
3. Today’s appliance manufacturers have come up with more compact space-saving appliances make small kitchen design easier,
such as refrigerators that are 24 inches deep instead of 30 inches deep, as well as appliances that can be hung underneath cabinets like microwaves.
4.Other small kitchen design tricks to create an eating area in the kitchen include using a drop table or a small sized round table with two small chairs that can be tucked into a corner. Or a built-in counter along the wall with chairs to provide an eating nook.
5. Another interesting challenge in small kitchen design is creating an illusion of space with under cabinet lighting or under the counter. With the proper type of lighting the kitchen can be made to appear larger and more pleasing.
6.The use of light colored cabinets with glass doors.
7.Installing deeper counters that can accommodate more appliances and increase work space.
8.Flooring tiles can be placed on a diagonal, and in a galley style kitchen hardwood flooring can be run the length of the kitchen.
9.For storage you can hang up pots and pans. This is a perfect way to free up cabinet space, and they add a certain charm and character to your small kitchen design. The insides of cabinet doors can be used to hang up everything from utensils, oven mitts, and other miscellaneous items. Pantry storage with units that go all the way to the ceiling with the upper cabinets to provide more space for seldom used items while making the lower cabinets more accessible with rollout shelves, lazy susans, and tilt-out bins.
10. Install a large kitchen sink, since larger sinks are considered to be more practical than small sinks when it comes to cleaning pots and pans.